New hosting

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

New hosting

Postby Barry The Sprout » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:05 pm

We're back. The really observant of you will have noticed the lovely 1AND1 cock-up the transfer in their standard way. So my hosting guys had to apply the baseball bat to release it and Digtl is currently applying the cattle prod to the 1AND1 support guys to see if they can come up with a sensible excuse. :twisted:

This means we lost at least one forum post during the transfer process and were down for a couple of days. Other than that we are here unscathed. Everything should be live and operational. Let me know if anything is borked.

Future plans? The most important part is to preserve the information here. There may be some thought in cleaning up a few things like giving the FAQ a bit of an update. Just a bit of dusting really.

So - hello everybody and welcome to your new home. :ugeek:

Edit: Haha - that's a good start. I posted this thread only to get some bizarre error about Search backend not existing. Which just sounds rude to me. :D The post still posts fine... just one of a handful of teething issues I'll now nail down.

ricinus

Re: New hosting

Postby ricinus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:46 pm

hurrah !

This means we lost at least one forum post during the transfer process and were down for a couple of days.

that'll be my "in case things have gone horribly wrong then bye..." post. :lol:

Thanks digtl & Barry.

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Re: New hosting

Postby Barry The Sprout » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi ricinus,

Yep... that was the one. I am sorry to say that your valuable post was eaten by a small blip of time travel during the transfer. :lol:

Thank you for being able to reproduce it here. Especially as the "bye" is now followed by "hello".

Or more accurately - good bye German hosting and hello from London Redhouse.

Between doing real work for my clients I'm blipping round here trying to get everything to behave correctly. I apologise if the sound of hammering and power saws is disrupting your afternoon. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Return to “Status of this forum: please read”