Is there anybody... OUT THERE?

Support for hardware and software issues. Ask your question and (hopefully) someone will give you an answer.
Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Is there anybody... OUT THERE?

Post by Barry The Sprout » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Hello Fellow 3View users. I have just logged in to update the database to stop your details being hacked and stolen by naughty hackers.

And there is the obvious question. Is this forum still needed? Does anyone use the boxes now?

I'll be honest - I haven't turned mine on in years. Just don't record that much TV any more. Catch-up \ iPlayer \ You Tube and my KODI PC has replaced much of that need. And the fact there is so little worth watching on the TV.

I won't shut this down yet, but there is going to be a time when there is no need for this place. So please make sure you have backups of any notes you need, and the OS files if you need them. I'll still be around via email even if I do shut this place down.

If you want a copy of the forum DON'T hit it with a crawler. You can have a copy direct. Just ask. Crawling and copying the whole forum is pointless as nothing has changed, and it costs bandwidth. Just ask if you need a copy of this data.

Though if I do give copies out in any form there will NOT be any personal data attached as all email addresses will be deleted from any copies.

And anyway - there ain't much here of use beyond the obvious document.

For now. It is just a case of keeping this forum patched as the hosting is there for my business.
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

ricinus

Re: Is there anybody... OUT THERE?

Post by ricinus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:37 pm

I was still using mine but only to view files from my PC.

I say I was as it does not register on the network any more. I'd set a manual IP address and now can't seem to clear it (if that's the problem ?)
And I haven't got down on my knees to fiddle with the ethernet cables/homeplugs yet.

larkim

Re: Is there anybody... OUT THERE?

Post by larkim » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:22 pm

I'm still here, but not a user any more.
2 x 3view PVR, both on CodgeView. Winter Hill region.