Firmware patch codgev1 now available.

Support for hardware and software issues. Ask your question and (hopefully) someone will give you an answer.
Ovid Regio

Re: Firmware patch codgev1 now available.

Postby Ovid Regio » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Another successfull patch executed. As with Gpaul 5 attempts updated the EPG. The BBC channels seemed near last and it didn't crash after those. Probably a useless observation.

Thank you to all involved in this. Back to normal (ish) viewing.

samiam

Postby samiam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Is scanning the only way to get EPG back. Not sure I want to do that if there is going to be another way later on (middle of the night job?)

Sam.

kewa

Postby kewa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Patch successfully installed here too. Thanks a lot oldcodge.

Kewa

Ovid Regio

Postby Ovid Regio » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:14 pm

samiam wrote:Is scanning the only way to get EPG back. Not sure I want to do that if there is going to be another way later on (middle of the night job?)

Sam.

There have been no crashes after the EPG has been updated, even though I have left it in EPG mode. I assume it will update at some time (I seem to remember it does so under certain conditions) and it crash and reboot again. Nice that the reboot takes 1min 15 secs, faster than before.

Just had an odd occurrence in that the box went into standby while watching ITV1 HD. First time ever it has gone into standby while watching. Is this a side effect of the patch?

samiam

Postby samiam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Ovid Regio wrote:
samiam wrote:Is scanning the only way to get EPG back. Not sure I want to do that if there is going to be another way later on (middle of the night job?)

Sam.

There have been no crashes after the EPG has been updated, even though I have left it in EPG mode. I assume it will update at some time (I seem to remember it does so under certain conditions) and it crash and reboot again. Nice that the reboot takes 1min 15 secs, faster than before.

Just had an odd occurrence in that the box went into standby while watching ITV1 HD. First time ever it has gone into standby while watching. Is this a side effect of the patch?

Are you watching it in EPG mode? If so could that be a new type of crash mode,

Sam.

Ovid Regio

Postby Ovid Regio » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:24 pm

I am watching in "OldCodge" EPG mode. That is I pressed the yellow button to activate EPG mode and now watching normal TV without going back to "Normal" mode. I'm waiting to see if it goes into standby again before I switch back.

oldcodge

Postby oldcodge » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Ovid Regio wrote:I am watching in "OldCodge" EPG mode. That is I pressed the yellow button to activate EPG mode and now watching normal TV without going back to "Normal" mode. I'm waiting to see if it goes into standby again before I switch back.

I thought the guide was pretty clear that you are not supposed to be in EPG mode when actually using the box. EPG mode is for when you are NOT using it! It's intended only as a method to let the thing update it's EPG.

EPG mode is exactly the same as an unpatched box. If you are going to use the box while it's in EPG mode there is no point in installing the patch!

In EPG mode, the box is put into standby automatically after 30 minutes, as by then it should have finished updating the EPG.

-codge

samiam

Postby samiam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:41 pm

I would scan for channels (in EPG mode) if I could only get to the scan mode before it locks. I am keeping it in Normal mode until there are further instructions. (:

Ovid Regio

Postby Ovid Regio » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Thanks OldCodge, that part didn't register. Moving back to normal mode as I type.

larkim

Postby larkim » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Done one box, just about to do the second, though have to wait for the update to roll through first as this box was still on the older firmware.

I'm going to edit the cron file to allow the scheduled overnight update of the EPG. Any reason why you didn't add this in by default codge? Was it the number of AV amp people that would have been woken in the night that you were concerned about?

I presume the comments at the top of the "root" crontab ("don't make edits to this file" etc etc) are just legacies of the installation of crontab in the first place?

You've gone for 4:15am wake up in EPG mode and 5pm revert - is that your estimate of how long it might take to get the EPG done?

Matt
2 x 3view PVR, both on CodgeView. Winter Hill region.

Return to “Hardware and software support”