Firmware patch codgev1 now available.

Support for hardware and software issues. Ask your question and (hopefully) someone will give you an answer.
oldcodge

Firmware patch codgev1 now available.

Postby oldcodge » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped with the creation of this patch. The patch is now available for use and is documented in this guide:

http://sites.google.com/site/3viewhacks

Please read the guide thoroughly all the way through before even thinking about using this patch. This patch fundamentally changes the way your 3view PVR works. Read the guide to be sure you understand the changes the patch makes before you decide if it is something you want to use.

The guide will be updated with any new or missing information as it comes to light. If you have any problems or questions please check if they are covered or answered in the guide before asking here.

You must accept that the use of this patch is entirely at your own risk and that I cannot be held responsible if you are not happy with the result. If you do not agree to this then please do not use the patch.

If the patch installation does not work as expected or if you decide after installing it that you would like to remove it then use the normal rescue mode firmware installation method to re-install the official 3view firmware. Details on re-installing the official 3view firmware are available elsewhere on this forum.

Above all, I hope this patch improves the user experience for you and helps keep your 3view in use for a little longer. Enjoy!

-codge

2018 Update by Barry The Sprout :mrgreen:
The original links in the Codge Docs are now duff.
Everything you need can also be found here: http://batteredbits.co.uk/3View/

Instructions: http://batteredbits.co.uk/3View/CodgeNotes.pdf
Firmware v1: http://batteredbits.co.uk/3View/codgev1.tar
Firmware v2: http://batteredbits.co.uk/3View/codgev2.tar

Gpaul

Re: Firmware patch codgev1 now available.

Postby Gpaul » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi Codge, gone thru the process (excellent instructions, thanks) got the 'CodgeView' screen and have now gone to the purple swirl screen with 'Connection Status' in top left 'Connecting' upper centre screen and 'No Channels Available' centre bottom. Re-scan necessary? Any other advice? Cheers, Paul.

Gpaul

Postby Gpaul » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:34 pm

IDIOT - read the instructions workaround page! Sorry.

samiam

Postby samiam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Given there is room for considerable error (on my part) and me not being sure whether there are, by design, spaces in-between some of the commands, could I copy and paste each line?

Does the aerial need to be connected?

Sam.

oldcodge

Postby oldcodge » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Gpaul wrote:IDIOT - read the instructions workaround page! Sorry.

Sorry I don't follow.

The installation should not touch your channels. Can you explain a bit more what happened and if you are OK now?

-codge

oldcodge

Postby oldcodge » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:47 pm

samiam wrote:Given there is room for considerable error (on my part) and me not being sure whether there are, by design, spaces in-between some of the commands, could I copy and paste each line?

I'm not sure what more I can do to help you. I put the commands in huge, fixed width font and even mention which lines contain spaces.
You can cut and paste (one line at a time) if that's easier for you.
samiam wrote:Does the aerial need to be connected?

It makes no difference.

-codge

samiam

Postby samiam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:50 pm

I think the first piece of advice in the whole thing is so important. I should read the instructions more than once. Sorry Codge :)

Sam.

chillywinter

Postby chillywinter » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Update appears to have gone fine here. A happy subscriber to "Codgeview" :D

Gpaul

Postby Gpaul » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Codge/All

I have got by HDBox back!
Thanks again, I will be Paypal-ing and suggest any one else who is happy does the same.

Two bits of advice - Read the instruction thoroughly, I didn't.
If you need to channel scan, be patient, it took me 5 attempts/crashes to get it to work.

Paul

samiam

Postby samiam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Wow I have done it! Or should I say Codge has done it. Thank you so much. As I haven't had the aerial in for some time I have nothing in the EPG of course. Am I right in thinking that at some point there will be some instructions as to how to get the EPG back in the middle of the night?

Sam.

Return to “Hardware and software support”